Saturday, June 22, 2013

After a great end to our time in Indy, a wet welcome to Lake Mattoon

We ended our Indy visit with a bang! Billy and I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert last night with a bunch of Billy's friends from high school. It's an annual tradition for them to all go so we were really happy our trip to Indy coincided with Dave's, especially since Billy's friend Matt was in town from Chicago as well.

I had never been to a Dave concert before and was fairly neutral on them in general, but Billy and I had a great time! The band is so talented and we were with a great group so it would be pretty much impossible to not enjoy ourselves.

Hansel tailgating with us!

Dave!

The entire group! Unfortunately blurry.
We also had a great Thursday night spending time with Billy's dad and sister and a smaller group of the same friends we went to Dave with. Billy and I went to the pool with his dad and Mia and one of her friends. It's always fun watching Billy with Mia.

After we got home, I took Mia out to ice cream to spend some time just the two of us. She's used to having Billy all to herself and I wanted to have some girl time so she can get to know me a little better. She just turned twelve, which can be a hard age, so I was a little worried about whether she'd want to actually hang out with me. I was more nervous asking her to ice cream than I was on my first date with Billy! She said yes (phew!) and we had a great time. She was actually very chatty which I was happy about--I wasn't sure how cool she would think it would be to hang out with me! I had a lot of fun getting to know her and just hanging out the two of us, even if it was only for an hour or less. 

Thursday night, Billy and I went out to dinner with three of Billy's friends to Bella Vita on the Geist Reservoir. The food was amazing and being right on the water gave us some gorgeous views. The restaurant was really pretty and also had a fun outdoor bar area with a live band. It's been great to get to spend so much time with Billy's friends--we always have a lot of fun when we're together!

Hansel and the Indy skyline

Indy was good to us again this summer and it's always hard to leave, but we are excited to get out to the lake today. Unfortunately, our good weather streak ended and we were met with a big storm in Illinois.

Rain, rain, go away!
Hopefully tomorrow the sun will be back out and we can go out on the lake for some waterskiing! I learned how to last year and am hoping that it's similar to riding a bike in that I won't have completely forgotten how to get up on the skis. Really I'm just aiming for less wipe outs than our first visit...Billy already has enough bloopers from last summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment